5.0.0 pre-releases

Comments on 5.0.0 pre-releases

ModemGuru

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 8
Total Comments: 50
#16 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 07, 2008 - 9:46 AM:

Sorry for all the Spam, but as this is in testing I hope that it helps. smiling face

Under member system integration there are two options of phpbb3:

phpbb3

phpbb3_users

I switched to phpbb3 and can no longer log-in. It shows two errors at the top:
Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/bliedel/public_html/ad_network_listings/databases/mysql.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/bliedel/public_html/ad_network_listings/databases/mysql.php on line 27

And the folowing four errors after trying to login:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/bliedel/public_html/ad_network_listings/databases/mysql.php on line 30

Warning: strstr() [function.strstr]: Empty delimiter. in /home/bliedel/public_html/ad_network_listings/includes/objectfunctions.php on line 364
ModemGuru

#17 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 07, 2008 - 10:00 AM:

Removed the integration switch in the mySQL DB manually. I then logged in and switched the integration to phpbb3_users. I did not receive any MySQL errors this time, however I did receive the error:

"The password you supplied does not match the one for that username."

with three different logins:

Bradford

test account

atest

Thanks,

Brad
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#18 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 08, 2008 - 11:07 AM:

Under member system integration there are two options of phpbb3:

phpbb3_users doesn't exist in the distributed version.

Of course, as always, different table prefixes require editing.

MySQL warnings, as always, say nothing without the debug.

Below are two examples of how they appear in the category listing:

I gather you don't have the star image loaded, then? It's placed automatically on upgrade for me.

Also, I was wondering if you have considered at all using a non-AJAX, completely CSS rating system that LOOKS and works just like an AJAX star rating system.

It's logically impossible to transmit a rating selection to a backend server with CSS (that being why the example you linked doesn't actually do anything if you click it).

Will do a few upgrade tests today.
ModemGuru

#19 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 08, 2008 - 11:28 AM:

I'll do some more testing later today or early tomorrow with phpbb3 and set the debug level to 'show queries as executed'.

The star rating system had to be added manually. It showed me where to add it, but did not do it automagically. I added it in place of the dropdown selector form, but it did what it showed in the images.
Paul
developer

Paul
#20 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 09, 2008 - 8:59 AM:

I do get
Warning: substr_count() [function.substr-count]: Empty substring. in /var/www/testing/upgrades/01/upgrade.php on line 1157
on an upgrade from customized 4.1 templates, but it works.

The star rating system had to be added manually. It showed me where to add it, but did not do it automagically. I added it in place of the dropdown selector form, but it did what it showed in the images.

It won't give you instructions for uploading the image. It should be automatically placed at templates/images_stylename/ajaxstar.gif.
Paul
developer

Paul
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 09, 2008 - 9:42 AM:

ModemGuru wrote:
I also receive "We've iterated more than 2000 times and there's still a {LINKCHECKED[ in your template, so there must be a problem (malformed attempt at a template variable maybe?" when I click on "Submit Link".

For this one, since putting {LINKCHECKED[test <,> 1]} etc in my templates before upgrade doesn't cause anything, I'm going to have to go with the theory that it's correct in what it says -- that you have a malformed template variable. Check it over every instance of {LINKCHECKED[ very carefully to find one that's missing the closing brace or the like.
ModemGuru

#22 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 09, 2008 - 10:04 AM:

It looks like I won't be able to get back to testing the alpha until Monday. I'll go over my options with a fine-toothed comb (several hundred of them), though at first glance I didn't see anything. One thing that I thought of that MIGHT be causing it (and I'll have to try it out on Monday) is the following option:

<IF {LINKCHECKED[testselection <,> This is a test option (with something in parenthesis)]}>This is a test option (with something in parenthesis)</IF>

If I can't find any missing brackets I'll try removing the options that have parenthesis to see if this is causing it.
Damir
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 46
Total Comments: 136
Damir
#23 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 17, 2008 - 9:50 AM:

Paul i have problem with this
<input type="text" name="theurl" class="bait" />

I got an empty white space i know that this is new but its not working for me how can we turn this off...
or can you make it like this

<input type="hidden" name="theurl" />
Paul
developer

Paul
#24 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 17, 2008 - 12:17 PM:

It's the spam prevention options at Admin -> Settings -> General, turn off invisible field bait.

I'm adding visibility: hidden; width: 0; height: 0;, which takes most of the horizontal width out of the invisible field, but oddly still leaves a small space at least in opera.

<input type="hidden"> would make the bots skip it, rendering it ineffective.
Damir
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 46
Total Comments: 136
Damir
#25 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 17, 2008 - 2:52 PM:

I have found a bug in IE7 with ajax ratings can anyone confirm it the green star is not over the yelow like in the image below but in oprea and safari and firefox works great..

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
#26 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 20, 2008 - 9:59 PM:

Can't get IE7 to load a page at the moment (wine version is very buggy). It looks fine in IE6 though.
ModemGuru

#27 - Quote - Permalink
Posted May 21, 2008 - 9:09 AM:

Paul wrote:
Can't get IE7 to load a page at the moment (wine version is very buggy). It looks fine in IE6 though.

While it won't help with mousing over things, I often find this useful...

http://browsershots.org/
tradenet
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
#28 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 08, 2008 - 11:22 AM:

Are there some template changes going on? Trying out the aquatic template and seems to render a bit slow.
Paul
developer

Paul
#29 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 08, 2008 - 10:56 PM:

Aquatic hasn't been released for 4.2 (will put it up shortly), so I guess you're using the 4.1 version. Templates have nill effect on rendering speed, anyhow -- it's slow for other reasons.
tradenet
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
#30 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 09, 2008 - 8:35 AM:

Paul wrote:
Aquatic hasn't been released for 4.2 (will put it up shortly), so I guess you're using the 4.1 version. Templates have nill effect on rendering speed, anyhow -- it's slow for other reasons.

If I go back to the default, it's fine. But yes, I am using aquatic version 4.1. Nice to see some templates and theme's coming. I've followed and supported your work for a number of years. Your application and framework is awesome. Front end "eye candy" is really need.

Thanks.

---gordon

Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.