Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
#31 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 10, 2008 - 7:10 PM:

Aquatic and simplicity 4.2 were made available yesterday.
tradenet
Forum Regular

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 54
Total Comments: 127
#32 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 12, 2008 - 12:39 PM:

BTW, is there a feature list? or a roadmap?
Paul
developer

Paul
#33 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jun 13, 2008 - 1:04 AM:

The implimented feature list is in the first post. What will eventually make it in depends on time constraints. Probably another 10 or so from these:

Planned for soonish:
- google checkout integration (need to set up SSL on my server to test)
- openid support - http://openid.net - partially implimented
- fix custom titles to work with url rewriting -- on categories, that is
- a 'delete (no email)' option on the validation page as an alternative to rejection that doesn't send an email
- to solve windows binary/ascii template issue, autodetect wrong sizes in setup.php and warn user to reupload as ASCII.
- deal with custom rating field star generation issues
- get member integration to refuse to take when when the table doesn't exist, so people selecting defaults have to edit
- if link email verification is required for any usergroup, the 'email' link field should be auto-required for the group
- automatically active mod_rewrite in setup if possible
- get category totals autoaccurate and link parentids autoupdated on third level subcat move between top level grandparents
- simple template variable to list all selected values of multiselector... or can i use the standard var?
- switch to associate vote with comment. could be very simple on the display end.
- clean up sponsorship settings page to use selectors and buttons in columns to add additional levels
- fix html validation issues (submit/edit/search/options/etc)
- atom feed support (seemless with RSS)
- make it faster, somehow, please
- automatically switch to level selector when number of categories > 400 (but still let people turn it off and use no selector at all if desired). also will need a setting to let the admin force people to choose a category at least x levels deep or no more than y levels from bottom or get an incomplete prompt to do so.
- WSN Gallery: allow non-admins to submit tarballs too
- a way of doing additions/updates such that plugins can trigger incomplete prompts
- write script to autoport translations between the various scripts insofar as is possible.
- script to autoport stylesheets and images between scripts

Hopefully eventually:
- requirement of at least x posts before being able to post a URL
- download file comparison of language files to find exact changes and replace only needed spots, not revert whole item anymore: www.wsnforum.com/filecompar...%2Fsetup%2Ffullenglish.lng
- "report spam" button for PMs
- saved, sortable alexa rank (use http://davidwalsh.name/php-alexa-rank-fetcher-xml)
- switch for whois info (unix-only, cached based on regexing shell_exec("whois domain.com"); command line)
- make a searchable admin panel like gnome or kde4?
- ability to assciate categories between links and kb (and maybe classifieds, gallery). so that articles can be in the category, like phpld. pull them in as a toplist?
- switch to allow changing username
- category field activefields containing an array (from checkboxes) of those custom link fields which we want to use in this cstegory. altering the suggest link page appropriately on change of selection will be tricky.
- adjust expire/effective values to timezone
- mutli-checkbox searching ( www.webmastersite.net/forum...earch_type_error-7730.html )
- split tag permissions into can tag own/all
- pre-tag based on meta keywords (transformed to fit tag rules)
- autodetect associated feeds when that switch is on, by grabbing url and finding tag
- make option for duplicates to be automatically deleted daily
- option to hide signatures from guests (anti-spam measure)
- wysiwyg template editor using fckeditor. need to make control structure (<!-- -->, <IF </IF>) visible?
- collaborative translation mechanism, where people can work on a language online with others like a wiki? could make a simple language.php copy open to guests hard-coded to a particular language.
- wherever a mysql warning is shown or at least when the admin is viewing, unless filled=1, insert a link to view the debug=1 version of the page and perhaps a link to submit a bug report. regex?
- a method (toplist construct?) which can show x links (where parentids='') from each category, so we can have links beneath categories on index... if there's a mysql syntax appropriate to the task
- when treating emails as usernames, automatically display with {MEMBEREMAILDISGUISE} to protect from spam
- automatic meta tag generator (from the description text etc on each page).
- usergroup permission to set links submitted by certain usergroups (especially guest) to expire after x days with a special email telling them that it expired because they weren't in the right usergroup.
- ability to add extra attachment fields such as a label for each attachment that submitter can type on suggest/edit link/comment pages
- per-category specification of allowed link types to submit [alter selector, also reject after submit if you try to cheat]
- switch: optional integration of voting with comment posting so that each comment has commenter's vote with it
- a method to have separate category totals shown based on how many the usergroup is actually allowed to view. and ability to set usergroup to not be allowed to view particular link type, in ug permissions.
- system to warn admin when somebody uses an IP also used by a banned member... need to do it smartly to avoid load
- tertiary sorting: www.webmastersite.net/forum...lt_ordering_list-7511.html

Maybe:
- sponsorship discounts for specific members
- generate PDF of link details (with custom template of course) using html2pdf or dompdf or http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2905.html or the like
- reminder once of joined event via popup message from 10 minutes before it takes place through the scheduled end time if they come online. to have it not repeat, use calendar field 'reminded'. also have standard email reminder a day in advance, as user option.
- google base submission, for classifieds: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2746.html
- feature to warn necromancers when they try to reply to something more than 6 months old that it's a dead thread. SMF already has it. perhaps make it an 'only warn' checkbox by the current setting. also have it autoreport?
- make pm stats sortable (by number sent -- SELECT fromid,subject,COUNT(fromid) AS instances FROM wsnforum_pm WHERE deleted=0 GROUP BY fromid ORDER BY instances DESC LIMIT 0,30;) -- can i simply replace it with a toplist?
- adsense revenue sharing for articles/threads (author gets some odd percent)
- multiple uploads at once - https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/thread/5730 (Francis demands it. do it gmail style where more ops only appear on request, and make it a switch perhaps)

Flawed ideas:
- to steal a microsoft idea: count how often each template is edited and show a ribbon of the most-used templates. probably not worthwhile really.
- change the cookie part of the integration generator to dropdowns instead of input boxes, to be slightly easier? but then it'd only work when logged into the other script. bad idea i think.
- option for categories as subdomains for mod_rewrite, if doable (needs DNS wildcards perhaps)

Proved unpopular in polling:
- ldap authentication option (see bookmark)
- limit guest access by any single IP to x page loads per day (like whois.sc does) as another rouge spider control
- custom fields for reports
- oracle, postgres

To do someday, maybe:
- for wsn forum, a suspect posters list and a page for tracking their posts
- find way to only process wsn codes for fields when the page might actually need them (especially member bios)
- switch-activated pre-made avatar gallery
- https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/thread/6304
- for forum, an IM directory. just a toplist of aim/icq/yahoo/msn.
- add calendar events to google calendar: http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/3548.html . use 'add this to google calendar' link like meetup.com has
- google map of members for forum?
- make Gallery's image editing effects restore button go back to the downsized version if downsizing in effect.
- for 'between' search that uses two boxes -- need a way to make the second box appear dynamically
- allow members to moderate their own guestbooks (edit/delete posts in it)
- newsletter functionality, as described in hacks thread
- reputation system option, distinct from ratings.
- 'or' in advanced search: find where fieldx is y OR fieldz is q
- [html] tag with usergroup permission for it (or perhaps use current html permission)
- Search for a "text" in all templates. Result: Templates in which "text" occurs + line (and line number, for use of those who prefer offline editing). Click on the template to open it for editing.
- ability to save drafts of posts/threads and retreive them from user cp later to finish -- will have a little 'You have 1 infinished post in progress' indicator at the top of pages as reminder. Or just a notes area like Invision and that vB hack.
- advanced referal tracking. "For paid links, have the ability for members to refer new members and have a set amount of link credit added to their account and/or a simple tabulation of referral credit for which they could be paid cash by the admin. Ideally, also have the ability to have a section that allows affiliates to check their referral status, account balance, get graphics and banners, etc...." www.webmastersite.net/forum...s/index.php?showtopic=3804
- ip table that records number of accesses by each ip, and time between them, along with an option that autobans any ip which grabs more than 10 pages in 10 seconds. could flush table once a week to keep it fast.

Very low priority:
- name the spiders
- perhaps use md5 sum as more reliable template uniqueness indicator than size
- in admin panels, use admin directory copy of columnheader.png for template independence
- option to reject vague thread titles. if title contains "help" then show a warning suggesting the person choose a better title, for example. problematic to find keywords.
- feature to specify problem-people who can't make consecutive posts while everyone else can, or just a usergroup permission
- 'private topics' idea Francis mentioned, to allow PM-like things involving multiple people. Maybe have checkbox on PM to turn it into private topic. use topicid field and assume oldest one is start of thread, and we may not need a pmtopics table.
- ability for WSN Links users to select to list themselves in a public directory of WSN Links sites (just click to auto-list site with its title and description as given in settings->config? or send it to submit page with those pre-filled, with necessity of choosing category), and to allow automatically submitting one's link to fellow listed sites that list a certain keyword as desirable for link partnering. the big thing here is the auto-submit button... but how does it determine category to submit to? Have to ask people to create categories with same names I guess. becomes impractical.
- WSN Links support for phpdig spider
- switch for location filter like https://www.webmastersite.net/forums/thread/5361
- pay-per-download option for gallery (make PPC double as that?)
- easy option for "TGP" style use of first thumbnail as thumbnail for category (isn't this already possible?)
mariow
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 22
Total Comments: 110
mariow
#34 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 18, 2008 - 1:32 AM:

paul i installed the 5 version locally and got:

Notice: Undefined variable: pluralinks in C:\xampp\htdocs\wsnlinks5.0\includes\languageextras.php on line 451

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\wsnlinks5.0\includes\languageextras.php:451) in C:\xampp\htdocs\wsnlinks5.0\includes\commonfuncs.php on line 744

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\wsnlinks5.0\includes\languageextras.php:451) in C:\xampp\htdocs\wsnlinks5.0\includes\commonfuncs.php on line 748

and it looks you didnt changed the dmoz import with this one cause its taken just as long as before...
mariow
Forum Regular

Total Topics: 22
Total Comments: 110
mariow
#35 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 18, 2008 - 1:47 AM:

i watched the time smiling face
It takes 1 minute to add 54 links when importing..
so when caculating that...it takes 2 hours and 40 minutes to import 8000 links..
Paul
developer

Paul
#36 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 19, 2008 - 10:21 PM:

The last 5.0 release date is here: scripts.webmastersite.net/w...wsnlinks/versiondate50.txt

July 13th was probably before your threads.

mariow wrote:
paul i installed the 5 version locally and got:

Notice: Undefined variable: pluralinks in C:\xampp\htdocs\wsnlinks5.0\includes\languageextras.php on line 451

Notices should be off in any production environment, but anyhow I must've already addressed that typo since I don't see it now.
babrees
Expert

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
#37 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 27, 2008 - 6:30 AM:

Just downloaded and starting work on v.5 - WOW!

So, I am redoing my templates, starting from scratch because there are so many changes.

I have always had a toplist generate a "menu" of the top level categories on the wrapper.tpl, but I can't get it to work on this version.

I see that on the TopList Generator you no longer input a toplist number - is one actually required then?

I have tried exactly as it generated...

<!-- BEGIN TOPLIST -->
<CONFIG>categories,priority;name,100,ascending,parent=Ɔ',,,0,0,0,0,0,0,,0</CONFIG>
<a href="{CATURL}" title="{CATNAME}">{CATNAME}</a><br >
<!-- END TOPLIST -->

And I have tried giving it a unique number as previously (<!-- BEGIN TOPLIST 99 -->) but neither work

[edit] Also, site map doesn't appear to work. I just get the following...

Query 10: SELECT `id`,`name`,`parent`,`validated`,`description`,`time`,`parentnames`,`parentids`,`numlinks`,`hide`,`lastlinktime`,`custom`,`lastedit`,`moderators`,`headerinfo`,`related`,`numsub`,`type`,`permissions`,`subscribers`,`mixtypes`,`isalbum`,`orderlinks`,`totalcomments`,`ulsearchmax`,`ulsearchquery`,`ulsearchadult`,`alias`,`catcols`,`linkcols`,`dmozpath`,`sponsorlinks`,`views`,`customwrap`,`deleted`,`reqlinks`,`reqcoms`,`reqlinksdelay`,`priority`,`levelsdeep`,`lastposterid`,`lastpostername`,`lastcommenttime`,`lastthreadid`,`lastthreadtitle`,`linkshere`,`unvalidatedlinks`,`unvalidatedcomments`,`actaslink`,`countposts`,`subcatshtml`,`linksperpage`,`wysihtml`,`numonline`,`sponsorship`,`lastprofileurl`,`defaultnoaccess`,`lastthreadurl`,`lastposturl`,`specialurl` FROM wsnlinks_categories WHERE hide=0 AND validated=1 AND deleted=0 ORDER BY id ASC

Load time so far: 0.15 seconds.

Number of rows is 1

Creating category with Array as row

lived
Paul
developer

Paul
#38 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 27, 2008 - 10:36 AM:

The toplist as you pasted it has some weird characters in it, I don't see how you could get that. Was that a WYSIWYG artifact? The condition parent=Ɔ' is what I'm talking about. Tested
<!-- BEGIN TOPLIST -->
<CONFIG>categories,priority;name,100,ascending,parent='0',,,0,0,0,0,0,0,,0</CONFIG>
<a href="{CATURL}" title="{CATNAME}">{CATNAME}</a><br />
<!-- END TOPLIST -->
and I have no trouble with it. (With a number would also work, just the numbers are only required when including pagination now. When you select to have pagination, the generator picks a random number to put in the toplist code.)

I accidentally left debugging code in the sitemap (I was having a problem which turned out to be just an out of memory issue with 3,000 or so categories). That'll be cleared up with the next release.
Paul
developer

Paul
#39 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 27, 2008 - 10:55 AM:

Oops, I was testing in main.tpl. In the wrapper it's not showing up, will look into it.
babrees
Expert

babrees
#40 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 27, 2008 - 11:13 AM:

Yes, it was a wysiwyg artifact and it did actually say parent=Ɔ'

OK, brand new install and all I have done so far is adjust the wrapper and started to adjust the main tpls

http://www.justearings.co.uk/

Strangely enough, I submitted a category and on the submit page it actually shows the toplist!

But trying to submit a link shows an error message at the top: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/justeari/public_html/includes/objectfunctions.php on line 97

(debug is attached)

Sorry Paul, you might have known that I would have problems confused

Attached Files:
babrees
Expert

babrees
#41 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 27, 2008 - 11:16 AM:

Paul wrote:
Oops, I was testing in main.tpl. In the wrapper it's not showing up, will look into it.

LOL! Cheers Paul, glad I'm not the only one who has "oops" every now and again grin
Paul
developer

Paul
#42 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2008 - 6:30 AM:

Both of those should be fixed now.

babrees wrote:
Sorry Paul, you might have known that I would have problems confused

Have as many problems as you can now instead of later.
babrees
Expert

babrees
#43 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 28, 2008 - 8:24 AM:

Thanks Paul.

Tried to upgrade but it threw a wobbly! Attached is debug. It ends with Upgrade Complete, but it didn't work.

Attached Files:
Paul
developer

Paul
#44 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 29, 2008 - 7:55 AM:

It says it can't write all sorts of files due to not being allowed permission. If you're in apache mode, do you have FTP info supplied?
babrees
Expert

babrees
#45 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jul 29, 2008 - 10:03 AM:

ok, this is weird! After trying two or three times but still getting the errors and being told to upgrade, I left the site, with debug on.

Just gone to it to double check ftp bits etc. and find that it's telling me it HAS now updated!!!!!!!! And the toplist is working :-)

OK, off to see what else I can break now grin
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.