babrees
Expert

Usergroup: Customer

Total Topics: 391
Total Comments: 1303
babrees
Posted Oct 22, 2008 - 1:19 AM:

Hi Paul

After upgrading to 5.0.15 I received from my site the email notice of updates and see that it has reverted to the default wording.

However, when I look at the languages in admin, the {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTLINKBODY} and {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTROWLINK} still show my changes! ???

[edit]

Found the problem - it is now treating the new links as threads and sending {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTBODY} instead of {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTLINKBODY}

Is this supposed to have happened? If yes then I shall change the wording for threads too
Paul
developer

Usergroup: Administrator

Total Topics: 61
Total Comments: 7867
Paul
Posted Oct 23, 2008 - 7:49 AM:

There's no instance of {TOPIC in the WSN Links language files I'm distributing. That'd be WSN Forum.

WSN Forum and WSN Links have different digest subscription behavior. Forum combines the two emails for topics and posts, Links does them separately.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Oct 23, 2008 - 8:57 AM:

Paul wrote:
There's no instance of {TOPIC in the WSN Links language files I'm distributing. That'd be WSN Forum.

WSN Forum and WSN Links have different digest subscription behavior. Forum combines the two emails for topics and posts, Links does them separately.

Sorry Paul - I am not quite sure how the {topic above got posted! I didn't type them in and obviously didn't read my post before / after submitting. I must have gone to paste something but I have no idea how that got into my pasteboard - don't use wsn forum!

OK, my problem is that before upgrading those subscribed to receive notice of all new links added by digest received the outgoing email {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTLINKBODY} After upgrading it started sending {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTBODY} - which was of course the wrong wording BUT it showed all the links that had been added, not the comments.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Oct 23, 2008 - 9:03 AM:

OK - by typing in { LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTBODY } it is actually trying to do it - sorry messed up your forum!!! That's what happened before. Here is what my second paragraph should read...

before upgrading, those subscribed to receive notice of all new links by digest received the outgoing email { LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTLINKBODY } After upgrading it now sends { LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTBODY }
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 1:03 AM:

Testing: {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTLINKBODY}
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 1:04 AM:

Test with plain editor: {LANG_EMAIL_DIGESTLINKBODY}

In answer to the topic, yes, the two digests were combined for scripts other than WSN Forum.
Paul
developer

Paul
Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 1:06 AM:

Please give me a description of how to reproduce the forum problem.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 1:34 AM:

I can't I just typed in the variable and it changed it to what you see above. I don't know how. All I did was copy and paste from my admin language area.
babrees
Expert

babrees
Posted Oct 25, 2008 - 1:20 AM:

Hi Paul

I am signed up on my site to receive notice of all new links by daily digest. This appeared to work perfectly, and, as far as I am aware, just included those added since the previous digest. However, since upgrading and your combining the two digests I am receiving some that were added going back to 3rd September!

Obviously people are going to get a bit miffed at this because they only want the latest added since their last notification.
Paul
developer

Paul
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 26, 2008 - 10:00 AM:

There are no new posts in the one from September 3rd?
babrees
Expert

babrees
#11 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 26, 2008 - 2:30 PM:

Paul wrote:
There are no new posts in the one from September 3rd?

?? don't understand what you mean

I get a daily digest every day (as links are added every day) and, basically, it is repeating new links.

I attach two copies of the last two daily digest received, one on the 24th October and the other 25th October. You will see that they are identical, except the latter one contains links added on the 25th. As this is a notification of NEW links surely only those added that day, or since the previous digest, should be included. My members are just getting repeated information every day.
Paul
developer

Paul
#12 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 27, 2008 - 12:20 PM:

The post and link emails are combined, so if there's a new post it'll be in the list even if it's not a new link.
babrees
Expert

babrees
#13 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 27, 2008 - 12:45 PM:

Paul, there are no new posts or comments onto the links. In fact people do not post comments on this site. Yet all links added since 3rd September keep being sent out in the diget.

I am now getting members unsubscribing because they are fed up with receiving the same links over and over and over again.

They are NOT new, they have NOT had any new comments.
Paul
developer

Paul
#14 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 28, 2008 - 6:36 PM:

Can you tell me the value of {DIGESTTIME} when you stick that in any template? What you describe seems like it could only happen if the timestamp is stuck on Sep 3. Though that'd also cause digests to be sent many times per day.
babrees
Expert

babrees
#15 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Oct 29, 2008 - 12:57 AM:

Paul wrote:
Can you tell me the value of {DIGESTTIME} when you stick that in any template? What you describe seems like it could only happen if the timestamp is stuck on Sep 3. Though that'd also cause digests to be sent many times per day.

It returns: 1225238470

That's at 5am on 29 oct
Search thread for
Download thread as
  • 0/5

Sorry, you don't have permission to post posts. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.